DS1990A iButton. 1-wire identity ROM
If you need an electronic ‘key’ for your MicroMite project then this iButton is what you require. This is a low cost, durable identifier that can be read by using a single MMBasic command dedicated to the 1-wire protocol. A range of optional key fob holders allows easy attachment to a keyring.
The DS1990A Serial Number iButton® is a rugged data carrier that serves as an electronic registration number for automatic identification. Data is transferred serially through the 1-Wire® protocol, which requires only a single data lead and a ground return. Every DS1990A is factory lasered with a guaranteed unique 64-bit registration number that allows for absolute traceability. The durable stainless-steel iButton package is highly resistant to environmental hazards such as dirt, moisture, and shock. Its compact coin-shaped profile is self-aligning with mating receptacles, allowing the DS1990A to be used easily by human operators.
- Can Be Read in Less Than 5ms
- Operating Range: 2.8V to 6.0V, -40°C to +85°C
- Unique Factory-Lasered 64-Bit Registration Number Assures Error-Free Device Selection and Absolute Traceability Because No Two Parts are Alike
- Digital Identification by Momentary Contact
- Button Shape is Self-Aligning with Cup-Shaped Probes
- Durable Stainless-Steel Case Engraved with Registration Number Withstands Harsh Environments
- Easily Affixed with Self-Stick Adhesive Backing, Latched by its Flange, or Locked with a Ring Pressed Onto its Rim